Monday, September 26, 2005

Ugh.

Well, it is now Monday afternoon and it has been an eventful weekend. Thursday I found out that I wouldn't have work the next day. Then Thurday night we got a call from Nathan's sister. She needed a place to stay because they didn't want to be in Lafayette when the storm hit. So she, her four kids and her boyfriend all got in at 6 am on Friday. We had a good day with them and then at 4 am on Saturday we lost power. It was an exciting storm. I've never been through one with so many trees around. The trees make a pretty big difference. The Aynsley crew left on Sunday. I think their house got power back Saturday afternoon. Dealing with the kids was crazy, but it was still fun, and I'm glad I got some time in with Aynsley and Max. Good God, the kids. So Sunday night we went to Matt's house and spent the night. I didn't have work today either. (: We still don't have power and I don't know when we are going to. Most of Natchitoches has power. I do have work tomorrow. ): So we are going to be at Matt's for a while.

So how are you?

3 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, If you need to stay somewhere with AC, you and nathan both are welcome here.

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, Aynsley has four kids?

Take care, Bridget. I'm thinking of you and everyone in Louisiana right now. :o(

 
At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Bridget m'dear, sounds as if you've had an... interesting time. We survived the storm here without too much trouble, actually. In fact, rickety old Village du Lac survived better than a lot of places even in Lafayette.

What was truly funny was the nearly exponential growth of people in my house. On Wednesday came my friend Steph, an evacuee twice over -- New Orleans, then Houston. Thursday: she & tall John. Friday: she, John & neighbor Jon. Saturday it was she, John, her & John's friend Mike, Jon, and our neighbors Ethan & William. Mind you, not all were sleeping here; but three out of six. Still a lot in what is almost a studio apartment!

The winds were remarkable. We not only ducked one tornado coming out of Carencro, I got to see a second form about a block northwest. For the record, it's damn' eerie to see rain bands start spinning in your backyard.

Power didn't really go out here for more than ten to twenty minutes at a time; and then only four times, perhaps. The only home damage was from hurricane John, who managed to destroy a second glass centerpiece just as we were settling to sleep Saturday night. :-)

In the meantime, this is my first week at Blue Cliff. Hoorah for officially learning to rub on people! And though I am weeping for my atrophied retention and study skills, things seem to be going aright.

I see that you've gotten power back. Good deal! You know you could surely have come here, of course; but with the proud Murray house just across town... ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home