Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Bridget Miller: Medicaid Analyst

So today was my first day at my real job. With hurricane Katrina badness and our manager not beingthere the most helpful and productive thing I could do at work was stay out of the way. I did leard how to scan things, and I got my own username and password for the system, an "employee number" so people can send scanned stuff to me, a cubby hole, a stapler (and other general office supplies) and my very own desk (in a storage room of sorts). I don't have a computer. I'm mildly useless without acess to a computer. It's not my fault. I think I'll be getting a computer eventually. Until then I will scan things and check on the things I scanned intermittently on other people's computers while they take a quick potty break. I spent a good 5 hours at least being totally unproductive. One of my coworkers had pity on me and handed me a magazine. I like my coworkers. Their all moms, some are grandmas. Two of them referred to me as a baby. I coud go for being the mascot if that means I get to stay. (:

4 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jobs where you sit around being unproductive are strange. I seem to keep landing them. You feel all guilty because people all around you are working so hard, but you don't have anything to do.

--simo

 
At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the working world. The problem is, you get used to doing nothing for money, then, when presented with the option to have a job with more responsibility (thus, work), you are torn.

 
At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay...Bridget is a mascot!

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, sounds like an ideal job! Can we switch?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home