Friday, August 19, 2005

Today

Well, I went to the doctor today, and I didn't get a mamogram after all. I got an ultrasound instead. (Haha, I got mine before Katies! Just kidding.) The gel is really warm! The doctor was a mildly grumpy old lady and she didn't see anything besides breast tissue. She told me to stop having so much caffine and that would help. I still don't know what its called. I think the grumpy lady was a bit annoyed at me for having something so trivial and worrying about it enough to bother her. But it is confirmed, no cancer. Apparently its some condidtion that isn't that uncommon and isn't really harmful, just uncomfortable. So now my right breast has been added to the long list of "harmless annoying little ailments that aren't that uncommon, but nobody else seems to have." Then Nathan, Kent and I had lunch with Charlie and Amanda at a sushi bar. It was good to see them, and the food was good, but I think my facination with sushi has reached its end. Kent was with us because his car broke down while he was trying to leave Natch to get to his grandfather's funeral. That sucks, I hate missing funerals.

A little about the job. I start training in Shreveport on the 29th. Basically my job will be to go over people's medicaid applications and decide whether or not they qualify. I will also be helping the effort in making it a paperless system by scanning a ton of things, apparently. I don't know much about the insurance situation, or when and how often I get paid or anything like that, except that it has to be better than the current insurance situation and how often I get paid now.

5 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for no cancer!
Yay for money and insurance!
And where the hell did you get sushi in Natchitohes?

-katie

 
At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could have eaten sushi twice in the last week. I looked at it... I thought. And then remembered. I don't even like cooked fish.

I'm sorry to hear about kent's grandpa :o( I can't imagine missing an important funeral like that.

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never had a fascination with sushi. To make matters worse, the sushi we had in Shreveport on Saturday was really bad. :-/

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Opendiary is down right now, but we had the ultrasound and it's a girl!

-katie

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I had no idea!! I'm glad everything turned out ok!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home