Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Blood and stuff

Well, since my last post I have managed to destroy any hope of getting an a in the course I take the most pride in this semester. You remember, physiological psych? There was a written assignment, I didn't realize that it was worth as much as it was, and I also did not realize that it would not be accepted late. Looking at the syllabus occasionally can be a wonderful idea. Last night I was working on the second half of a two day cram fest for my second test in this class. (There's nothing quite like learning about the effects of sleep deprivation and how sleep is important for learning, when you're sleep deprived and trying to learn.) When poor Nathan in his drugged, pained, sleepy, and nauseated state gave me an opportunity to take a break that I really didn't want so that I could clean a sizable mess he made in the bathroom. Poor Nathan. Check his blog for the details. So I took the test this morning, and I think I did pretty well. Afterwards I went to talk to my prof about the assignment and I think I have a small chance at recovering a little from my blunder. Also the talk helped me to know that our teacher-student relationship has not been destroyed by the incident. I think I'm her "teacher's pet" I've never been one before. I think I impress her, and that feels really good.

In other news, I got jealous of all of Nathan's bleeding yesterday, so I went and donated blood! It was the first time in over a year. It's still kinda scary for me, even though I've done it a few times now. It always burns when they insert it, but after that it really doesn't bother me. This time when she inserted it she had an "oops" look on her face. I was so proud of myself, I remained calm and tried not to show any signs of stress, because I'm sure that just makes it herder for her to get it right. So she wiggled it around a bit and I think my forced relaxation helped, both of us, because with all the readjusting, it didn't really hurt. Yay! She said there'd be a pretty bad bruise though. I told her it didn't matter what color my arm was, I wasn't hurting, and that's what matters to me. So I left and waited for Nathan to finish a test. While I waited I climbed a tree. I was so proud. I climbed a tree while missing a pint and wasn't but a little weak and light headed. I'm such a hoss.

2 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a Hoss... I think it's because of your density....

 
At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for giving blood!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home