Wednesday, January 19, 2005

F*cked up sleep!

Aaaaaarrrggghhh!
Okay, here's the deal. I can't sleep when it's dark anymore. This whole house made an attempt the other day to fix our sleep cycles. So when we all stayed up until dawn we all continued staying up. The others ended up taking naps at some point in the day, but Nathan and I managed to stay awake until 6:30 pm and then we went to bed. A bit early maybe, but if we got up when the alarm went off then we would have gotten 12 hours of sleep, and after staying up so long I figured we might need it anyway. So Then I woke up at 2:30 am. Okay, that's fine, I'm just up a bit early. Four hours early isn't the end of the world. So what if I'm awake for the day at a time when I'd still be up for the previous night even with a semi normal sleep cycle. So I stayed up. Nathan got up a bit later and we had a nice breakfast and continued to have a rigorous and exhausting day. So nighttime rolls around again. Well, we don't have to go straight to bed at 10, right? We could stay up 'till about 12 and be fine. Apparently it doesn't matter how exhausting my day is. Sleep happens in the light and wakefulness in the dark, so I read and Nathan worked on the computer until 4:30 am!!! Then to make matters worse, neither of us got up until 5:30 pm!!!! The only reason I did is because I have a lot of work to do tonight. Nathan's still asleep! He says he's gonna try to sleep until tomorrow, but I just don't see it happening. So now my plan is to do my homework, got to walmart and get some sleeping pills. Take them no later than midnight. Sleep my medicated sleep until 6:30 am and begin my equally exhausting day that has no chance of ending any earlier than 4:00 pm, maybe not until 8:30. If this doesn't work (and it won't) does anybody else have suggestions? I'm stuck as a vampire here! I want to sleep like a person!

7 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm.. It's the second week of classes already. Your mulligan for it having just been an extended break is wearing off. ~poke~

 
At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm...
warm bath or sleepytime tea right before bed? Some physical exercise about an hour before bed?

I dunno. My sleeping schedule is pretty wacked too. I've been going to bed at about 4:00, though I try to get up by 11:30, so I can convince myself that it is a somewhat reasonable sleeping schedule.

Kelley

 
At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take sleeping pills at least 8 hours before you need to wake up. 9 is better.

 
At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey bridget. I'm rather amused to find you in your situation when I can't seem to stay away past 12:30am and this morning I woke up at 9 rather involuntarily. HOW FREAKY!!!!

so like yeah, I had no intention of having a normal sleep cycle, completely accidental. I'm sure my indifference will screw it up sometime soon :o)

good luck on yours.

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've found that it's hard to drastically change sleep schedules in one sitting. Normally, when I was doing that sort of thing, I would aim for a 4-6 hour schedule shift every two days.

Also, I don't trust sleeping pills. Booze works better. :)

 
At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, last night mine got just as messed up. So I went and laid in bed like a good girl at 3:30, at 5:30 I was still awake. (damn insomnia) So at 11:00 Dad called, to tell me he was going to send the King Cake. And at 11:30 he called again to tell me he sent the King Cake. I let the answering machine pick up the first time, but called him right back, and then actually got to the phone in time for the second call. Then I was kinda awake, so I surfed the internet for a while...you should check out ehealthinsurance.com if you're still possibly interested in health insurance Bridget...and then went back to sleep around 12:15 or so...and woke up for the day at 3:30. yup, I have no idea what time I'll be able to go to sleep tonight (or tomorrow)

Kelley

 
At 4:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://elsdae.blogspot.com/

'nuf said

Kelley

 

Post a Comment

<< Home