Saturday, December 18, 2004

Dead people, grades, and hopefulness

The funeral went well. We were 15 minutes late, but then, so was the widow, so they didn't start without us. Charlie was very appreciatave of every friendly face he saw, and every word of support sent long distance. Pleh, I'm glad I'm not in his shoes, but he will be well with time. In a very selfish way the funeral was somewhat bitter sweet for me. It seemed a fitting way to spend my time so near December 22nd. Michael has a small headstone now. It's temporary, but nice. I still haven't seen it. My mother has a whole garden in the back that she dedicates to him. In the garden there's a small statue of a young boy that the neighbors bought for it. We have great neighbors. Poor Charlie.

I got all my grades in. All A's and one B. My high school and middle school teachers would probably defecate themselves if they knew that this will be the 5th time in a row that I'm on the dean's list. Heh.

My sister is in the interview process at Alaskan Airlines. So far it's looking pretty good and the odds at least aren't against her. If this works out, Kelley will be working in a happy and stimulating environment whose perks will make vacations of legends when weilded alongside Nathan's employee discounts. Yeah buddy.

2 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Twerpie :)

I found something interesting online just now.

So maybe Klingon doesn't count as a foreign language, but if you plan to study it at college (the Klingon language, that is), you can enter the Kor Memorial Scholarship given by the Klingon Language Institute. Familiarity with Klingon not required. Go to http://www.kli.org/scholarship/ for details.

If you know anyone still in college willing to learn some Klingon...might be useful...

=)

 
At 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

as cute little blonde girls go, defecate is not a word one expects :o)

I think I may have to put in a weekly visit Nathan and bridget slot in the budget :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home