Saturday, December 04, 2004

fireworks

well Daisy and Joe just left. It was really fun having them around. They brought the puppy, she's sooo cute. We went to the bridge on the bypass to watch the fireworks. We parked our cars in that area that looks like it was going to be a road and the bridge was going to be widened and watched them from a distance. It was kina funny to me because that was the exact spot I parked once before to watch a thunderstorm in the distance. I think that was back before Nathan and I were even dating. I felt the thunderstorm from my dormroom and went to the Church Street bridge to watch it. I was by myself and parked on front street and walked on the little side walk to the center of the bridge and watched the lightning flash across the sky with traffic wizzing a few feet behind my back. I really felt alive. But the lightning was rolling away and I needed a better spot. So I drove to the place previously mentioned and sat on top of my car, Johnny. With the exception of the cars driving by every here and there, I was all alone. It was just me, the lightning and thunder, and peace. I don't really do that kind of thing very often anymore. Things are different. I never have time. I don't think that means that I wouldn't though. I think, if given a moment and the right circumstances, I'd still drive away to be with the lightning. I'd probably ask Nathan to come. It'd be a bit different. But then, he might not want to come and I'd still go. Yeah, I'd still go.

3 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeh, I never have time for anything like that anymore either. I remember playing red rover in the rain outside the provencal house, and now I never get to play in the rain. I will when Sean gets a little bit older though, that'll be loads of fun.

 
At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you guys are doing ok, sorry bout the note thing on my diary i have to freakin set new preferences everytime i make an entry..grr.

hehe love you guys, corey

 
At 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey bridget :o) I so just found out you have a blog today.

now I get to read through the whole thing. It'll have to be some other day though, bedtime is soon.

I had lots of fun on the van with ya :o) good times. later!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home