Friday, August 03, 2007

36 weeks and craziness

Okay, here's what happened with Lafayette, skip it if you already know all this:

I'm not transferring. I applied to 5 different positions in the Lafayette region and didn't get any of them. I only got 1 interview. But that's more than okay, because while we really do want to move before Eleanor is in Kindergarden, the biggest reason we were making a huge push was that:

A) Nathan and I were working opposing schedules, so we never saw each other except on Sundays and Mondays and they just recently took away our 10 hour days / 4 days a week privilege, so soon we were going to just have Sundays together. So without ever seeing Nathan, or anybody else really, I was beginning to get chronically lonely and was beginning to struggle with some serious depression issues. So if we moved to Lafayette, Nathan might find a job that wouldn't make him disappear, and even if that didn't work out, then I'd at least have my family around.

and B) Like I said, the plan is to move to Lafayette in the foreseeable future and there were 5 different openings that I might be able to transfer into with the same pay and same health benefits. Nathan would have to find a new job, but the other alternatives are to stay here forever, or to both quit our jobs and just move and hope for something. So it really seemed like the right thing to do.

However, even before I got an answer back from all 5 positions (No, are you kidding?, no, no, and no thank you) we decided that we weren't leaving because Nathan was offered a promotion from Guest Services Manager up to HR / Accounting Manager that has better pay and REGULAR OFFICE HOURS. So we keep my current pay, health insurance, and work environment that I'm familiar with, and Nathan gets a really nice opportunity to get more and better experience in the hotel industry, we get more money, I see my husband, and we don't have to pack all of our stuff, and leave the first home we ever made together standing on our own two feet. (I really do love this place, even if Natchitoches sometimes works my nerves.) I really think all the well wishes and prayers worked, because this whole thing did just come out of nowhere and save the day and it's even better than the move we were hoping for.

Okay, Pregnancy stuff:

All the websites and things seem to have this "homestretch" theme. Baby's getting fatter, should be dropping into the pelvis soon, will be at full term by the end of the week. The ultrasound we had about a week and a half ago indicated that she was, at that point, probably 5 lbs and 7 ounces. This past Wednesday my doctor said my cervix is dilated 1 cm and is paper thin. Which is apparently right on schedule. It's kinda scary. I'm dilated. Last night and most of today Eleanor has been squirmy squirmy. I've never felt her move this much before. I'm kinda surprised my belly hasn't visibly dropped or anything. Oh, and rolling over in bed last night seemed to aggravate a muscle or something because anytime I moved, unless very careful, I would be in pain for a good 5 minutes after. My nursery is little more than a pile of stuff in gift bags and a beautiful crib with no mattress, and I'm not packed for the hospital yet, but I plan on rectifying both of those things this weekend.

We have almost nothing prepared, but we're getting really excited. I'm not promising anything, but I hope to put some more pictures up very soon.

1 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you both, and wishing you the best when everything starts happening. I hope you have a happy healthy little one :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home