Friday, April 06, 2007

It's a...

Girl! We're naming her Eleanor Grace Miller. She's really starting to pick up this kicking thing. This morning I woke Nathan up to make him feel her kicking. At first he was annoyed because he was sleeping and I was pestering him. But then he felt a real kick, and it woke him right up. He wasn't annoyed anymore. It was pretty funny. The ultrasound was a lot of fun, she was just kicking her legs and having a grand ol' time, and I couldn't feel a bit of it. It was pretty neat seeing her spine and all four chambers of her heart. Oh, and her face. We did get one good shot of her face, that was really cool. I wish the technician had saved a picture of that. But then I'll be seeing a lot of her face later on. It's so nice to be able to say "her." It just feels a bit more real now that I can imagine her past unisex babyness. I talk to her more now. I think the gender and the kicking coming at the same time has helped that trend. They both make things a little different.

In other baby news, my cousin Lisa's water broke about 2 hours ago. So Johnathan Thomas Kroger should be meeting the world shortly. I wish I could be there, in all the excitement. I really want to try to see them soon, but not so soon that my visit would be annoying. Everyone send happy thoughts to Lisa!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home