Wednesday, May 04, 2005

for those of you who are interested...

okay, I doubt it, but this might fall under the too much info category. so just read cautiously... or something.

I broke my record!!!

Around the time I was origianlly supposed to ovulate this cycle I got sick, and then there was crazy finals stress. The strain on my body has apparently caused my body to stall ovulation and save it up for later. Anyway, I haven't had my period in 57 days. I'm not pregnant. I just had a second mucus patch about two weeks ago, so I should be starting any day now. Only there's no cramping, and I don't think I'm moody, so the end is nowhere in sight! What happens is you have your regular mucus patch and around the end of it you ovulate. (A mucus patch is when you secreet mucus from your cervix, and it shos up further south and provides a happy environment for sperm to live in.) But when it's really stressed sometimes, at the last moment, it decides not to ovulate and you have a second mucus patch later, pushing your whole cycle back and you ovulate then. I think that it might be possible that the events of this past month may have caused something that I've never seen recorded in any NFP literature I've seen! I'm on the lookout for a third mucus patch! Most of the finals madness happened while I was in my second mucus patch and it may have pushed it back further.

I have no reason to believe this has happened except that I see no sign of starting any time soon. I'll keep the oddly curious updated.

Just so you know, I think this is what caused a miscalculation on our wedding night.

5 Comments:

At 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you Sure you aren't?

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for FAM! I knew just what you were talking about. Hopefully you're being super duper careful because of it?
-Katie

 
At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey bridget :o) I just saw you today at graduation :o) YAY!!!!

 
At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so pregnant.

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger Bridget said...

I took a pregnancy test yesterday, and I'm still not pregnant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home