Thursday, December 15, 2011

That time again

Hey guys, I'm gonna make this quick, because tucking Eleanor in has put me half to sleep. We are back in December, and I would like to see everybody make it to January alive. So be an attentive driver and do not neglect your health. January's a good month. We should all be around to see it, m'kay?

In other news, Eleanor picked my least favorite book to read to her. In some ways I really love it, but it is such a chore. When Lillian got tubes put in her ears, our pediatrician gave me a book that gives an explanation of the structure of the outer, middle, and inner ears, and what an ear infection does to them. It's called Understanding the Middle Ear: Otitis Media. I really can't figure out who their target audience is for this book, because you have to have at least a high school level vocabulary to be able to follow at all, but it's got all kinds of neat illustrations and a bunch of those holographic images that are different depending on what angle you look at them from. Anyway, once in a while Eleanor will insist that I read that to her, and she spends the whole time interrupting to ask about the pictures or scratch the holographic image, or talk about how cute the baby is in the illustrations, and on and on. I mean, it's kinda awesome, because she can look at an illustration of the outer, middle and inner ear, and point right to the ear drum and tell you what it is, but it is such a chore to trudge through!

Okay, I'm done now. I will reward you with my current favorite picture of the girls, and my nephew, Garret.

1 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Amy said...

Yay!

It never occurred to me that parents might not enjoy the books they read to their kids. How funny!

love

amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home