Tuesday, December 07, 2010

December again, Twenty Ten

So yeah, most of you know the drill. This is my annual December post. What happens in December? People die. Sure people die in other months too, but no month is more likely to kill you than December. So, drive with caution and seat belts. Get that growth looked at. Don't tick any well-armed people off. Tell your old people just how much you really really love them. I think that's the big one, actually, just tell everyone how much you love them, because you don't know who it's going to be. It's probably going to be the uncle of a close friend that you never met. (Again, my condolences Chanel.) It might be someone you completely cherish, but you knew this was coming. Then, once in a while, it blind-sides you. Last year for me, it was a seemingly healthy friend in his early 20s I'd known so long, that it was my task to inform him we weren't related when he was about six. I guess my point is, don't get superstitious, but do brace yourself. Hopefully it will be for nothing.

In the spirit of not being superstitious, Lillian is scheduled for a very minor outpatient surgery on 12/9/2010. I can't help it, this month makes me jumpy. But her eyes don't drain properly into her nose (yours do, that's why you get a runny nose when you cry) and she should have grown out of it by now, but that doesn't seem to be happening. Her eye are gooey and crusty all the time. We try to keep a balance between keeping them clean and not messing with her eyes too much. Though, as gentle as I try to be, with cotton rounds soaked in saline solution (because regular water seems to exacerbate the problem), I still will occasionally find a small amount of blood on the cotton round. Her eyelids are just so fragile. We're being as cautious as we can. Some of you may remember that when she was born there was concern about a slight irregularity with her heart, but that normaled out after a few weeks. We got an EKG today so the Cardiologist can give his approval for the use of anesthesia. She has a check up tomorrow with her regular pediatrician for her pre-op approval. This is a totally routine procedure, it just requires anesthesia for about 5 minutes. We'd wait for January, so I'd be less creeped out, but then we'd have to start from scratch with our deductible, and I'm trying not to be superstitious. So PLEASE pray for my baby girl, if just to make me feel better. She's a sweetheart and I like having her around.

Stay safe. Oh, and I love you. Really.

*******
Update:
*******

Lillian's surgery is being postponed at least for a few days. She has a pretty bad sinus infection, and the pediatrician doesn't want her to be ansthetized while she's also horribly congested. So, we're putting her on antibiotics, and will reschedule accordingly.

2 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Chanel said...

Lillian is having surgery and you didn't tell me?? @_@ Omg... be okay baby girl.. Nanny loves you!

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger teahouse said...

Hey, I heard that everything went well. So happy!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home