Monday, May 09, 2011

Ally

Ally is a little stuffed dog of Eleanor's. She is black, brown and white. I think she looks a bit beagle-esque, though I couldn't tell you for sure. Ally is sometimes a boy and sometimes a girl. Ally is the first thing she has ever named and so far, the only thing that has a clear and consistant name among her toys. Ally plays Hobbes to Eleanor's Calvin. She brings her everywhere and sleeps with her, and always has Ally at her side. Even Lillian loves Ally, and sometimes Eleanor is nice enough to let Lillian play with her. Last week we lost Ally. I mean, really lost her. It was so depressing. Eleanor was okay with it at first, she would just sleep with other stuffed animals, but then the other day she really started asking about Ally. Nathan and I had already torn the house apart looking for this stuffed dog. I would even think of places I hadn't looked while at work and check those places when I got home. Well, I had to check one more place. Nathan, the SAME DAY we lost Ally, was a good brave husband and cleaned out under the couch. It turns out that Ally was lost after that happened and Nathan and I both assumed that it couldn't be there, the under-couch had never been cleaner. When I found her there I think I almost cried. I love Ally. It's so nice to have her back. Or him. Whatever. So, here's to Ally!

1 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Yay for finding Ally. I know how scary the under-couch can be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home