Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Lillian!!!!!

So she's one. How did she celebrate her first birthday? Well, she climbed up the steps to the playhouse in my parents' back-yard by herself for the first time, and second time, and third time.. around the 5th time she was doing it lightning fast. Then she gave grandma a kiss for the first time (or said 'mmmm' while grandma kissed her), then she practiced her word some, though nobody saw it but me when she waved at Grand-dad and said "Ba-ba" and when I was getting her in her new diaper, I could have sworn (though I could have been mistaken) that she said "diaper." She's such a big girl.

Today was her last day in the baby room at daycare. I don't know how quickly they generally move the babies up, but I got the impression they were scrambling to rearrange the other classes to make room for her in the 1 year old room ASAP. They can't keep her from climbing on the baby swings and falling out, and she plays a bit too rough with the other babies. She's just this little bulldozer, and apparently the other babies are more delicate, and have been for some time. Because of that, though, she won't be using a bottle at daycare anymore, because they don't really do bottles in the 1 year old room. So ON HER BIRTHDAY I found myself packing her bottles in a box to be put away. (Yeah, I get it already, she's not a little baby.) So here's to a year with my Lillian!







1 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Great Pictures. I can't imagine a child of yours would be a bulldozer with other kids.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home