Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I want this to be over.

We've just started the process and I can tell already, I'm not having fun. We had the inspection today and it turns out that the air conditioner is about Nathan's age. It's broken right now. I don't know if we're going to get them to fix it or replace it or what. I don't think they'll be all smiles about the idea of ponying up the money to replace the thing, so we may have to meet in the middle on that. But where's the middle? Are we going to spend all of our money and not be able to get a new washer and dryer to get to the middle? The AC wasn't the only thing, but it was definitely the big thing on the list. Also, we apparently lost all of our tax information for 2007. so now we're having to request our W2s from work and get a copy of our tax papers from the IRS, which could take several weeks. We only have our rate locked in until August 3rd. I like our rate, I don't want to lose it, but it may just end up expiring while we wait on the mail. Good news though, no termites. So that's something.

4 Comments:

At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Amy said...

Bridget! You will get through this! I'm so excited for you guys! It'll be okay, it really will be! And at the end, you'll have your own HOUSE!!!!! I love you!

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Sounds about right for closings on houses. Good news is sellers are getting AC fixed it sounds like. Very frustrating point in the process. You'll get through it.

 
At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Celia said...

When we bought our house, we had to replace the fuse box. We just charged the washer, dryer, and dishwasher. You'll find that once you have a mortgage, stores will just throw lines of credit at you when you walk in the door. After this, we'll just gradually replace or remodel one major thing a year. You'll find a way to make everything work out!

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger teahouse said...

Yes!! Everything will be fine. I went through this process as well, and at the time it felt like it would never end. But I promise it will, and in the end you'll have your house. Keep you eyes on the prize.

And thanks for the support on the work stuff. Just knowing you're out there thinking about me makes me feel better :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home